Have you ever considered the benefits of a plastic thrust bearing?
They can help reduce weight and shorten assembly time amongst other advantages. Plus, BNL’s custom designed plastic thrust bearings offer even more with a ‘designed-for-specification’ component to meet your exact needs.
We design thrust bearings to support different loads, speeds and specifications, simply by changing the type of element used to transmit movement. We make both ball and roller thrust bearings using cages to ensure alignment and smooth, balanced operation. We specialise in integrating the raceways into mating parts, via plastic injection moulding and can supply raceways with a combination of washers, raceways and cages, or even just the cages themselves.
Benefits of BNL thrust bearings:
- Integrated designs that save component cost and assembly time
- Different component combinations and custom design to meet product specifications
- Inherent noise dampening characteristics of plastics
- No need for lubrication that could leech out
- Lightweight for smaller motor use and power saving
Our thrust bearing projects range from large, robust bearings for high load support, to tiny, thin bearings for precision movement, including:
- Camera lenses – very small thrust bearings used for smooth rotation of the lens. BNL designed integrated retention features into the thrust bearing to allow it to be fitted easily. This way other moving parts of the lens adjustment mechanism could circumnavigate the thrust bearing and all operational parts are harmonised.
- Floor standing fans and air-purifiers – a custom designed and integrated thrust bearing mechanism that allows the product to rotate to cool or purify air throughout a room. The thrust race is designed for easy assembly of the product, reducing components and overall product weight, and provide smooth and quiet operation.
- Tilt and rake, manual adjust steering columns – Provided a more cost effective, lighter weight equivalent to a steel bearing in the adjustment mechanism.
- High-end TV and stand adjustment – BNL designed and created a large ball thrust bearing to provide very smooth, quiet movement for a luxury brand rotating TV and stand. Manufactured in segments for easy shipping and storing of inventory, the thrust bearing features a cage with oval pockets so balls can self-centre and integrated friction brakes for precise, effortless operation.
Read more about thrust bearings and what BNL plastic thrust bearings can offer you.
Do you think a plastic thrust bearing might bring advantages to your product development? We offer a machine tear down service, where we can investigate ways in which our plastic thrust bearings could benefit the performance and efficiency of your product.